Señor was voted best agency, and the title of Best Project was won by McCann Belgrade and their The Red Thread project
A record 51 regional advertising agencies competed at the BalCannes revue held at the eleventh Weekend Media Festival in Rovinj. A professional jury composed of 25 experts (advertisers, agencies and journalists) from all over the region selected the best projects of the Adriatic region and awarded prizes to the best of the best. This year we also had a chance to find out how advertisers, agencies, and journalists view the same projects, and each of these jury segments awarded the best projects of their choice.
The prestigious title of BalCannes best agency went to Señor. McCann Belgrade won an award for The Red Thread project, which was also voted as the best BalCannes project. The advertiser jury declared The real-life Escape Room, by Agencija 101 as the best project for them. A special journalist jury prize was won by Imago Ogilvy agency for their Odljev duhova prošlosti project. The best project according to the agency jury was the Deepest Instagram Profile by Saatchi & Saatchi Croatia part of Publicis Group. The award for best multi-market project was awarded for the The Shiny Munchmallow by Ovation BBDO from Belgrade.
Along with Señor, the other agencies in the top 5 were Agencija 101, Imago Ogilvy, Leo Burnett Belgrade and Saatchi & Saatchi Croatia part of Publicis Group. The selection of the agencies with the best projects of the Adriatic region is as follows: BBDO Zagreb, Bruketa&Žinić&Grey, Communis, Degordian, Direct Media, LUNA\TBWA, McCann Beograd, McCann Podgorica, McCann Zagreb, Ovation BBDO, Publicis Slovenia, Publicis Belgrade, Studio Sonda and Švicarska. Representatives from all these agencies presented their best campaigns in the jam-packed Weekend Media Festival hall.
For all those who could not make it the festival, all BalCannes projects will be published on the BalCannes Yellow Pages – www.balcannes.com, an online database of advertising agencies that servers as a very useful tool for advertisers looking for new business partners.
Below is the list of the year’s best projects, this year there are 26 of them by exception. The jury cast votes that gave certain projects and equal amount of points, and since the points were pretty high this years, the organizers agreed to the exception.
The BalCannes organizers are HURA (Croatian Association of Communications Agencies) and Weekend Media Festival.
Best BalCannes 2018. projects in alphabetical order are:
- #checkit – Publicis Belgrade
- #Neželjena/#Unwanted – McCann Podgorica
- Coca-Cola FIFA – McCann Zagreb
- Croatia je Hrvatska! – Povijest pišemo sami – Bruketa&Žinić&Grey
- Čuvaj se! – Direct Media
- Deepest Instagram Profile – Saatchi & Saatchi Croatia dio Publicis grupe
- Eurobarsket – Agencija 101
- Heroes drive in pajamas – LUNA\TBWA
- Improvising billboard – Publicis Slovenia
- Iskon Smart kampanja – Señor
- Jana Duboko Iznad Svih – Saatchi & Saatchi Croatia dio Publicis grupe
- Jesi li za Hopa Cupa? – Imago Ogilvy
- Kratke priče za dugo pamćenje – Švicarska
- Odljev duhova prošlosti – Imago Ogilvy
- Poduzetan narod – BBDO Zagreb
- Rebranding Atlantic grupe – Señor
- Smrtphone – Señor
- Što bi dao? – Degordian
- The real-life Escape Room – Agencija101
- The Red Thread – McCann Beograd
- The Shiny Munchmallow – Ovation BBDO
- Upecaj Zlatnu ribicu – Communis
- Vip Budi NEO integrisana kampanja – Leo Burnett Belgrade
- Vip Poželi NEOgraničeno – Leo Burnett Belgrade
- Vrati sebe u knjižnicu – Booktiga sajam rabljenih knjiga 2018 – Studio Sonda
- Žujine mame i tate – BBDO Zagreb